Alone Quotes

 



The best part about being alone is that you really don't have to answer to anybody. You do what you want.- Justin Timberlake
If you want to be happy, learn to be alone without being lonely. Learn that being alone does not mean being unhappy. The world is full of plenty of interesting and enjoyable things to do and people who can enrich your life.- Michael Josephson
I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity.- Albert Einstein
I had already found that it was not good to be alone, and so made companionship with what there was around me, sometimes with the universe and sometimes with my own insignificant self; but my books were always my friends, let fail all else.- Joshua Slocum
Yes, there is joy, fulfillment and companionship—but the loneliness of the soul in its appalling self-consciousness is horrible and overpowering.- Sylvia Plath
Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it’s not because they enjoy solitude. It’s because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them.- Jodi Picoult
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.- Helen Keller
I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone.- Robin Williams
But even so, every now and then I would feel a violent stab of loneliness. The very water I drink, the very air I breathe, would feel like long, sharp needles. The pages of a book in my hands would take on the threatening metallic gleam of razor blades. I could hear the roots of loneliness creeping through me when the world was hushed at four o’clock in the morning.- Haruki Murakami
The time you feel lonely is the time you most need to be by yourself.- Douglas Coupland
Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better.- Henry Rollins
Don't go away. I don't want to be alone. I can't stand being alone.- Arnold Rothstein
Until you get comfortable with being alone, you'll never know if you're choosing someone out of love or loneliness.- Mandy Hale
Loneliness is a long, unbearable pain….There was never a place for me in the scheme of things….I had become a living fantasy on a theme in dark, endless dirges….I made another world, and real men would enter it and they would never really get hurt at all in the vivid, unreal laws of the dream. I caused dreams which caused death. This is my crime.- Dennis Nilsen
"The lonely become either thoughtful or empty." - Mason Cooley
"Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell." - Edna St. Vincent Millay
The strongest man in the world is he who stands most alone.- Henrik Ibsen
I like my life alone. I mean, I love being with friends, and I love kissing and loving someone to pieces. But it's hard to find someone who doesn't ultimately start judging you and your choices.- Sarah Silverman
When you have nobody you can make a cup of tea for, when nobody needs you, that’s when I think life is over.- Audrey Hepburn
A man is born alone and dies alone; and he experiences the good and bad consequences of his karma alone; and he goes alone to hell or the Supreme abode.- Chanakya
Every man must do two things alone; he must do his own believing and his own dying.- Martin Luther
When so many are lonely as seem to be lonely, it would be inexcusably selfish to be lonely alone.- Tennessee Williams
I’m lonely. And I’m lonely in some horribly deep way and for a flash of an instant, I can see just how lonely, and how deep this feeling runs. And it scares the shit out of me to be this lonely because it seems catastrophic.- Augusten Burroughs
If you are lonely when you're alone, you are in bad company.- Jean-Paul Sartre
Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one.- Martin Heidegger
There are days when solitude is a heady wine that intoxicates you with freedom, others when it is a bitter tonic, and still others when it is a poison that makes you beat your head against the wall.- Sidonie Gabrielle Colette
Who knows what true loneliness is—not the conventional word but the naked terror? To the lonely themselves it wears a mask. The most miserable outcast hugs some memory or some illusion.- Joseph Conrad
The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone.- Albert Camus
We are all so much together, but we are all dying of loneliness.- Albert Schweitzer
Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone.- Charlie Chaplin
Alone let him constantly meditate in solitude on that which is salutary for his soul, for he who meditates in solitude attains supreme bliss.- Guru Nanak
What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured.- Kurt Vonnegut
Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better.- Henry Rollins
Be able to be alone. Lose not the advantage of solitude, and the society of thyself.- Thomas Browne
Loneliness is and always has been the central and inevitable experience of every man.- Thomas Wolfe
The capacity for not feeling lonely can carry a very real price, that of feeling nothing at all.- Douglas Coupland
Loneliness is never more cruel than when it is felt in close propinquity with someone who has ceased to communicate.- Germaine Greer
We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.- Orson Welles
In order to be open to creativity, one must have the capacity for constructive use of solitude. One must overcome the fear of being alone.- Rollo May
The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be.- Anne Frank
My peers, lately, have found companionship through means of intoxication—it makes them sociable. I, however, cannot force myself to use drugs to cheat on my loneliness—it is all that I have—and when the drugs and alcohol dissipate, will be all that my peers have as well.- Franz Kafka
Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone - we find it with another.- Thomas Merton
Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.- Arthur C. Clarke
It is only when we silent the blaring sounds of our daily existence that we can finally hear the whispers of truth that life reveals to us, as it stands knocking on the doorsteps of our hearts.- K.T. Jong