Childhood Quotes

 

Quotes about childhood days collection!


Childhood is the world of miracle or of magic: it is as if creation rose luminously out of the night, all new and fresh and astonishing. Childhood is over the moment things are no longer astonishing. When the world gives you a feeling of "déjà vu," when you are used to existence, you become an adult.- Eugene Ionesco, Present Past / Past Present
There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where colors are brighter, the air softer, and the morning more fragrant than ever again.- Elizabeth Lawrence
I had a wonderful childhood, which is tough because it's hard to adjust to a miserable adulthood.- Larry David
Childhood means simplicity. Look at the world with the child's eye - it is very beautiful.- Kailash Satyarthi
Childhood is the most beautiful of all life's seasons.- Unknown
I don’t remember the first half of my life. All I say is a happy childhood is the worst possible preparation for life.- Kinky Friedman
Some men have a necessity to be mean, as if they were exercising a faculty which they had to partially neglect since early childhood.- F. Scott Fitzgerald
You can go through life and make new friends every year--every month practically--but there was never any substitute for those friendships of childhood that survive into adult years. Those are the ones in which we are bound to one another with hoops of steel.- Alexander Mccall Smith, The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency
One of the luckiest things that can happen to you in life is, I think, to have a happy childhood.- Agatha Christie
What we remember from childhood we remember forever permanent ghosts, stamped, inked, imprinted, eternally seen.- Cynthia Ozick
Childhood is the fiery furnace in which we are melted down to essentials and that essential shaped for good.- Katherine Anne Porter
When you finally go back to your old hometown, you find it wasn’t the old home you missed but your childhood.- Sam Ewing
I was surrounded by sisters. My childhood was all women.- Oscar de la Renta
Childhood is measured out by sounds and smells and sights, before the dark hour of reason grows.- John Betjeman
I had a very happy childhood, but I wasn't that happy a child. I liked being alone and creating characters and voices. I think that's when your creativity is developed, when you're young. I liked the world of the imagination because it was an easy place to go to.- David Walliams
I spent my whole childhood wishing I were older and now I'm spending my adulthood wishing I were younger.- Ricky Schroder
When you finally go back to your old hometown, you find it wasn't the old home you missed but your childhood.- Sam Ewing
All who remember their childhood remember the strange vague sense, when some new experience came, that everything else was going to be changed, and that there would be no lapse into the old monotony.- George Eliot, Romola
Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies. Nobody that matters, that is.- Edna St. Vincent Millay
If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older.- Tom Stoppard
I had this rare privilege of being able to pursue in my adult life, what had been my childhood dream.- Andrew Wiles
So much of our early gladness vanishes utterly from our memory: we can never recall the joy with which we laid our heads on our mother's bosom or rode on our father's back in childhood; doubtless that joy is wrought up into our nature, as the sunlight of long-past mornings is wrought up in the soft mellowness of the apricot; but it is gone forever from our imagination, and we can only believe in the joy of childhood.- George Eliot, Adam Bede
If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older.- Tom Stoppard
Investing in early childhood nutrition is a surefire strategy. The returns are incredibly high.- Anne M. Mulcahy
The most important influence in my childhood was my father.- DeForest Kelley
If only my folks had beaten me, I could have gotten some material about my miserable childhood. But as it is, I’ve had a great life.- Tim Conway
How one handles success or failure is determined by their early childhood.- Harold Ramis
My childhood memories of my grandparents are of a wonderful, complementary couple. While my grandfather had a spirited, humorous personality, my grandmother is gentle and poised.- Kristina McMorris
He carried his childhood like a hurt warm bird held to his middle-aged breast.- Herbert Gold
To have your childhood dream realized is a really big deal.- Maya Rudolph
They say that childhood forms us, that those early influences are the key to everything. Is the peace of the soul so easily won? Simply the inevitable result of a happy childhood. What makes childhood happy? Parental harmony? Good health? Security? Might not a happy childhood be the worst possible preparation for life? Like leading a lamb to the slaughter.- Josephine Hart, Damage
I had always thought that once you grew up you could do anything you wanted — stay up all night or eat ice cream straight out of the container.- Bill Bryson
I like consistency. If you've had a childhood like mine, you want some things you can rely on to stay the same.- Norman Wisdom
Childhood is that wonderful time of life when all you need to do to lose weight is take a bath.- Unknown
Childhood is like a mirror, which reflects in afterlife the images first presented to it. The first thing continues forever with the child. The first joy, the first sorrow, the first success, the first failure, the first achievement, the first misadventure, paint the foreground of his life.- Samuel Smiles, Character
A lot of my childhood memories involve walking home in floods of tears. At that age, feeling unpopular is difficult to handle.- Rachel Stevens
The older I grow the more earnestly I feel that the few joys of childhood are the best that life has to give.- Ellen Glasgow
Childhood is a tricky business. Usually, something goes wrong. - Maurice Sendak
Basically, I believe the world is a jungle, and if it's not a bit of a jungle in the home, a child cannot possibly be fit to enter the outside world.- Bette Davis
The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing.- Barbara Kingsolver
Spontaneity, the hallmark of childhood, is well worth cultivating to counteract the rigidity that may otherwise set in as we grow older.- Gail Sheehy
I was coming home from kindergarten - well they told me it was kindergarten. I found out later I had been working in a factory for ten years. It's good for a kid to know how to make gloves.- Ellen DeGeneres
Old age lives minutes slowly, hours quickly; childhood chews hours and swallows minutes.- Malcolm de Chazal
I think people tend to see the bigger point, which is maybe not fitting in and feeling like you didn't have the childhood that you expected you would have, or that you felt lonely or struggled with drugs and alcohol or just that you were able to achieve your dreams.- Augusten Burroughs
There's something about childhood friends that you just can't replace.- Lisa Whelchel
Every single minute matters, every single child matters, every single childhood matters.- Kailash Satyarthi
Your emotional life is not written in cement during childhood. You write each chapter as you go along.- Harry Stack Sullivan
You can't be too careful what you tell a child because you never know what he'll take hold of and spend the rest of his life remembering you by.- Frederick Buechner
You get to relive your childhood when you have a baby and you see these toys and these books you read when you were little - the innocence that you are able to maintain because you have to find that again in order to connect with your child keeps you in a special state of mind.- Idina Menzel
A happy childhood is poor preparation for human contacts.- Sidonie Gabrielle